Parameter syntax and previous years on BalanceLinesEx@eol

1- parameter syntax
what is the syntax to pass the parameter PrevYears to BalanceLinesEx@eol
I can’t find it anywhere.

2- max previous years
this parameter seems limited to max 2 previous years. But on Exact it seems we are able to go back in time more

3- API call cost
what would be the API Call cost of statement like this :
select * from BalanceLinesEx@eol

I could not find this in the Exact documentation API Limits, nor any page size information like in the REST API.
It seems that the manual export might generate multiple xml files, so I would say that 1 file = 1 API call.
Also could you inform if the select * from Ratelimits@eol has been replaced by another command?

Best is to use one topic per question or bundled of closely related questions.

Regarding BalanceLinesEx: this is a so-called “table function”.

The use is described on What are table functions and table function parameters?.

An example using positional and named reference would be:

select *
from   BalancesEx@eol
       ( 10523
       , Params_PrevYears => 3
       )

Default for previous years is 2, and the maximum is 5 (although undocumented it seems). When more than 5 years are needed, vary Params_Year.

The API call cost of the XML-tables is indeed 1 API call per XML file download. Each XML API returns typically 100 XML root nodes per request, but there can be many rows derived from it often. So, they are in general a lot faster and consume less API calls than similar REST APIs.

In general we strongly recommend to use the following financial XML APIs: BalanceLinesPerPeriod, APOutstandingItems and AROutstandingItems. For all other use, the REST APIs provide better/more flexible alternatives.

Dit topic is 7 dagen na het laatste antwoord automatisch gesloten. Nieuwe antwoorden zijn niet meer toegestaan.