Invantive SQL connector for Sybase 10

Backlink: ITGEN-2534.

Do you want to support this idea for improving Invantive software? Please register/log on first, then add a vote by clicking on the “Vote” button directly to the left of the title above or add a reply.

Good Morning,
we have a new marina in the Netherlands that relies on a ‘on premises’ software + Sybase database, so we’ll be more than happy if Invantive builds a Sybase connector.
I this still under consideration on Invantive Side ?

Yes, but chances are little. There was a construction company running it but they moved to another database and application platform.

When more parties are interested, we might add it.

good morning,

dear Invantive Team,
I have a Sybase ADS 9.0.0.7 server for which I would like to one way sync to SQLServer some tables for a few weeks, to migrate data. Then the Sybase will be shutdown.
I am looking for the best solution to handle that.

Do you think I could use an ODBC connector like this one from Devart and uses QueryTool with this ODBC to sync to SQL ?

thanks

Yes, that should work. When issues might arise (ODBC has a wide variety of pecularities) we will try to improve intercompatibility.

Hi, can’t you use a driver from advantage itself?

Select the version → Advantage ODBC Driver

We use these drivers for a connection with ADS 11.1

2 likes

@ptr thank you very much for putting me a link to this website
Now I have been able to setup my ODBC connection with Excel… next step is to install Query Tool on this computer and write my create or replace table scripts

I highly appreciate the time you took to reply here as I am a complete newbie with Advantage databases…

I didn’t find this with Google. Even the software supplier was unable to guide me… like i would have spoken martian to them…

me: …dear software editor, I would like to connect to your (my) database with ODBC can you give credentials info?..
the editor: … what is ODBC ? … we don’t know how our compiled software does to connect to the advantage server we connect to the files…
me: :frowning:

Just to share in case others need this:
the ODBC driver for Advantage 9.0 is 32-bits, so you need to convert Query Tool to 32 bits-execution as described here.

You can download CorFlags from dotnet.microsoft.com here. Please chose the latest .NET framework developer pack.

Then use the CMD with admin-rights to convert Invantive Query Tool to 32-bits. Remember to make a named copy if you need to keep 64-bit and 32-bit versions on your machine).

Because Corflags is not registered, you need to call it by its real path:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v10.0A\bin\NETFX 4.8 Tools\CorFlags.exe" "c:\program files (x86)\invantive software bv\Invantive Query Tool 20.1.537\Invantive.Producer.QueryTool.exe" /force /nologo /32bitreq+

I did get a CF011 warning

which is a OK warning. Now the Query Tool will run in 32-bit mode.

Use the settings-discovery-version.xml to get the connection chain and add it to your personalized one.

You should be connected.

1 like

Yes, that is a valuable addition!

Invantive Query Tool and Data Hub run as requested by the operating system, but prefer 64-bit when avaialble. The Office add-ins inherit 32-bit/64-bit from the Office program.

More details and precautions are available at Use 32-bit ODBC drivers with Invantive on-premise Products.

Good morning
point to be noted to Invantive teams:
the method above described works with BETA 20.1.537, not with PROD 20.2.32. It seems somehow the ODBC connector does not behave the same one theses 2 versions.

itgenclr082: A connection to the database Port Adhoc\ODBC+SQL could not be established.

The data container with alias 'fd' could not be opened on provider 'Odbc'.

ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC-stuurprogrammabeheer] De naam van de gegevensbron is niet gevonden en er is geen standaardstuurprogramma opgegeven.

Message ID: 88b69c53-a3ce-4522-a5d0-4b960247c74c

Occurred (UTC): 24-9-2021 11:17:44

System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException
ValidationException
ValidationException
   bij System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode)
   bij System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen..ctor(OdbcConnection outerConnection, OdbcConnectionString connectionOptions)
   bij System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)
   bij System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
   bij System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
   bij System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
   bij System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
   bij System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open()
   bij Invantive.Data.AnsiSqlProviderBase.XPL(GlobalState , ExecutionOptions , IConnection , Credentials )
   bij Invantive.Data.AnsiSqlProviderBase.Login(GlobalState owner, ExecutionOptions executionOptions, IConnection connection, Credentials credentials)
   bij Invantive.Data.AnsiSqlProviderBase.AcquireConnection(GlobalState owner, ExecutionOptions executionOptions, ConnectionContext currentContext)
   bij Invantive.Data.AnsiSqlProviderBase.OnOpen(GlobalState owner, ExecutionOptions executionOptions, SerializableDatabase database, DataContainer dataContainer, Credentials credentials)
   bij Invantive.Data.Windows.Providers.AnsiSqlProviderBaseAutoResolve.OnOpen(GlobalState owner, ExecutionOptions executionOptions, SerializableDatabase database, DataContainer dataContainer, Credentials credentials)
   bij Invantive.Data.GenericConnectionDataProvider.Open(GlobalState owner, ExecutionOptions executionOptions, SerializableDatabase database, DataContainer dataContainer, Credentials credentials, Boolean ignoreDecryptionErrors, Boolean& decryptionErrorsOccurred)
   bij Invantive.Data.ConnectionManager.FR(GlobalState , ExecutionOptions , IConnectionDataProvider , SerializableDatabase , DataContainer , Credentials , Boolean , Boolean& )