Itgenrst004: The type of actual data must match / QueryTool 20.1.537 / Boolean datatype expressed as int64 from ODBC connector

Good afternoon,
running Query Tool Beta 20.1.537

After making a ODBC connection with AES(Sybase) server, I am in front of very dirty data set that QueryTool won’t let pass because of the real data Data Type not following the table column data type.

Error itgenrst004 on ODBC

For example a Bigint is specified in the source data type but we find text in the real data:

In this case I don’t have hands on the source database, it is in production with a software, so I can not change the datatype from the source.

Is there any way to tell Query Tool to skip the original datatype from the source database and change it to the one I need?

Thanks for your advise.

The value ONWAAR is probably a representation of a boolean stored as a number 0.

“Voorraad” is Dutch for “stock”.

What is the datatype shown in the user interface: a numeric value or a boolean (checkbox)?

Sorry for my bad Dutch… it seems a boolean

After more digging it seems that all table that contains datatype boolean are not correctly handled by QueryTool via ODBC… is that possible ?

Good afternoon, I made more tests today, the issue is now clearly identified :

for any source table that I access trough ODBC (Advantage ODBC 9.0 32 bit connector) that contains a column with datatype Boolean, Query Tool shows it as bigint (int64)

I am using Query Tool 20.1.537 converted to 32 bits executable.

Let me know I you want me to run other tests (like with another version ?)

Leveraging other work, I made again a test with PROD 20.2.14 converted to 32-bits.

The same issue occurs.

Is it possible to have access to this Advantage ODBC 9.0 32-bit connector and also the related database? If so, can you send the Internet address of the database, credentials and the download location of the Advantage location to the email address provided?

The issue is closed on our side we have managed to overcome by skiping data that fall in this case.
If you want to analyse for improvement of Invantive engine, we may be able to provide access to the old solutions, I think we didn’t shut off the old software yet.

Thank you for the update. It is an uncommon platform combination, so when it’s solved for you, it is fine for us.