How to set up data flow for our external ERP application?

This post contains a great workaround to connect to my employer’s ERP.

However since I’m a beginner with Power Query I’m not sure what to do with the outcome that seems to show the “root” table only.

Could you please pinpoint a tutorial on what to do from there ?

Can you provide some more context such as platform and what your see and are stuck in (please anonymize pictures)?

Thanks for your reply,
I created a data flow using the JSON code you provided.
What is see in PowerApps is as in attached picture.

I only adapted the URL and credentials,
now I guess I also have to “update JSON structure and column names where necessary”, and that’s where I’m stuck due to my lack of PQ knowledge. It seems this is showing the “high-level” list of tables only, probably due to the “empty query”,
whereas my need is to see the first table Proj_Projects with all its columns.

What Invantive product are you using? Can you expand a little about the origin of the source data and the expected outcome?

I’m not using any Invantive product. I found this post while searching for a solution to connect with basic authentication outside of Power BI desktop.

My source data is our web-based ERP that provides access to the “data cubes” using an API.

I managed to connect to it using basic auth in Excel, but I’d rather not use additional files and use a proper dataflow within the Power Platform instead, which I believe is smarter and faster.

I have 2 ongoing projects that would use this dataflow:

1. an app to search all our 400+ live projects using several criteria
  2. a “Project for the web” schedule of projects (I already built a flow that adds tasks in P4TW using the Dataverse connector)

I’m sorry, but we can’t give support on general, non-product-related questions. The general Power BI forum may be a better place to receive an answer. I would suggest to post your question there, linking the post here.

OK, thanks anyway :slight_smile:

1 like