This note describe the recommended preparations to make the most out of your free hour help on Invantive Office (Invantive Control for Excel, Invantive Composition for Word, Invantive Bridge for Power BI).
Depending on your subscription, you will receive one hour of free help with setting up and running Invantive Office on a device.
Although all Invantive products are supported on servers, the set up can be complex depending on your infrastructure. It is therefore recommended to install and run the software first in an isolated environment like a laptop till your IT-administrator feels sufficiently comfortable installing and running the software on a server environment.
To make the most of this time, please make sure that you have completed the following preparations at least one day in advance:
- Make sure the target device meets the requirements. The easiest way to do so is to install the products listed below.
- Especially make sure you are running Office 2013 or newer.
- Download and install Invantive Support Assistant on the target device from https://help-me.today.
- Download and install the latest production version of interactive Invantive Query Tool on the target device from https://download.invantive.com.
- Download and install the latest production version of Invantive Control for Excel on the target device from https://download.invantive.com or whatever product you would like to use.
- Check connectivity to Invantive support by starting the Query Tool and pressing “Online Assistance” in the log on window.
- Make sure you have user name, password and possible other needed credentials readily available for the platforms you intend to use.
During the free hour your requirements might make it necessary to switch to a beta version. In that case, it will be necessary to acquire administrative privileges to enable installation of the software.
The use of a reserved and isolated environment is strongly recommended. Invantive does not accept any obligations for production disruptions, data loss or insufficient progress during the hour due to insufficient (CPU) resources.