Is `sqlrowcount` reliable on 20.1.435 beta?

good morning,

I’m building a long sync script from an API to our SQL Data Warehouse. I’m trying to get statistics of the script execution for follow-up and debugging purpose.

For that I’m using the sqlrowcount function but I’m having issues using it, not sure I’m using it as required by Query Tool 20.1.435 beta. Let’s make a trial on a short script:

create or replace table date_range_1@inmemorystorage
as
select *
from   calendar@datadictionary
where  day_date between to_date('01-01-2000', 'DD-MM-YYYY') and to_date('01-01-2015', 'DD-MM-YYYY')

create or replace table date_range_2@inmemorystorage
as
select *
from   calendar@datadictionary
where  day_date between to_date('01-01-2010', 'DD-MM-YYYY') and to_date('01-01-2020', 'DD-MM-YYYY')

declare
  count varchar2;
begin
  synchronize date_range_1@inmemorystorage
  to          date_range_2@inmemorystorage
  with insert all except rowid$
  identified by day_date
  ;
  count := sqlrowcount;
  dbms_output.put_line('number given by sqlrowcount: '||count);
end;

The DBMS output says:

number given by sqlrowcount: 0

whereas when launching directly the statement

synchronize date_range_1@inmemorystorage
to          date_range_2@inmemorystorage
with insert all except rowid$
identified by day_date

gives 3563 records affected.

thanks (again) for your help.

You might want to try the 20.1.446 release. Similar to SQL strange behaviour with a begin + loop + create or replace @inmemorystorage the evaluation of sqlrowcount was not always the most current one. This has been improved in 20.1.446. Taken from https://releasenotes.invantive.com/BETA/invantive-sql.html:

Version 20.1.446-BETA, released 2021-06-11.

Enhancements:

• Differentiate error codes of Teamleader API.

Bug fixes:
- Fix sqlrowcount not set on update from within PSQL.

thanks.
I see the release notes of 20.1.446 but only 20.1.444 is available for download

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The products Invantive Query Tool and Invantive Data Hub were indeed not yet released with a 20.1.444 SQL engine.

A new release will be made available in the next days on Invantive Query Tool 22.1.123-BETA | Release Notes.

Please note that this release requires an existing installation of WebView2 as shown on WebView2 Runtime installation for interoperability with Twinfield.

Thanks.
I confirm that:

• 20.1.449 is downloadable.
  • sqlrowcount now works has expected!

Below my script recap, the count is a count(*) from table, with associated sqlrowcount with an insert:

Great to hear! The 20.1.449 beta has some issues with discovery on SQL Server, so an upgrade might be necessary within 3 months.