Autotask and Power BI integration error - itgenboe242 - Request Failed

I followed the directions on the YouTube video to setup a Power BI OData feed.

I’m getting the following error:

Failed to save modifications to the server.
Error returned: 'OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] OData: Request failed:
The remote server returned an error: (499).
(The data download was cancelled after , such as by the user navigating away in the user interface. (itgenboe242, XXX)).

I can see that I’m successfully authenticating, but when it requests the data, it’s failing with the message above. Has anyone had this problem?

Apologies for the slow response; somehow the question was not noticed.

The message code itgenboe242 without a time duration means that the request was cancelled shortly after the download of data from AutoTask was started. The code 499 refers to a HTTP 499 status code, meaning that the requesting program (probably Power BI) decided to close the connection.

The problem as such is not recognized yet as something common, but Power BI tends to remove parts of the error messages.

The following steps are recommended:

• Run the same request again till the error occurs.
  • Check the contents of Invantive Bridge Online Monitoring and especially pay attention to the error code and error text in the details view.
  • Add to this topic an answer with the SQL statement shown, the error code, the error text and time of occurrence.

This question was automatically closed after at least 2 weeks of inactivity after a possible solution was provided. The last answer given has been marked as a solution.

Please ask a new question via a separate topic if the problem occurs again. Please include a link to this topic in the new question by pasting its URL into the text.

An improvement was taken into production on March 3, 2023 that (if working correctly) will prevent a previous aborted download at a critical moment to automatically cancel also all subsequent downloads with HTTP status 499.

Please add a response in the unlikely event that any future download ends with HTTP status 499 within mere seconds after starting.