Protected cells in Excel

I’m unable to use the sheet as most cells (including division code) is protected and I can’t unprotect anything without a password.

Relates to Mass import Exact Online journal entries directly from within Excel - #2

There can be various passwords in Invantive Control for Excel used to protect the integrity and data, depending on the applicable security framework and desired security.

Some background information can be found in:

The following background information may help also:

• Cells are protected using a password specified in the Modeller unless the cell property “Protected” is unchecked of the cells.
  • By default, the cell protection is disabled for new worksheets.
  • Additionally, a workbook can be protected using another password to make it hard to corrupt the metadata maintained by Invantive Control for Excel.

For further assistance, please describe what exact operations you are trying to execute, and include screenshots of the tabs in the modeller that contain a password and/or security label.

Without the password, you cannot even change the division ID in cell B4 (without which you cannot do anything with this sheet).

However, I just realized that the password is actually the default password (“locked”), so coincidentally, my problem is solved.

Probably the worksheet protection has been enabled. It is recommended against manually entering the password since the Invantive Control-model as a whole might become corrupt. As an alternative, one of the following two approaches can be used:

• Remove the password from the modeller.
  • Or removed the check on “Protected” on the cells intended to be maintained by the user.

Dit topic is 7 dagen na het laatste antwoord automatisch gesloten. Nieuwe antwoorden zijn niet meer toegestaan.