In the past you have used Invantive Control for Excel. However, the ribbon Invantive Control is no longer displayed in Excel and there are neither any messages displayed to indicate a problem.
You want to use Invantive Control again.
Microsoft Excel maintains a list of add-ins that are available. With various versions of Microsoft Office there are a number of mechanisms in place that Microsoft Excel uses to avoid that add-ins cause Excel issues. However, these mechanisms tend to be over-reactive. For instance, Invantive Control can be permanently disabled when you retrieve data from a slow web service using Invantive Control and Excel is forcefully quit using the task manager.
You can restore Invantive Control in general following these steps:
- Check the Windows start menu whether Invantive Support Assistant is already installed.
- If not, install Invantive Support Assistant on the workstation.
- Start the most recent version of Invantive Support Assistant from the start menu as shown below (the actual version(s) installed may differ):
- Choose “Enable Invantive Control” from the menu:
- A pop-up will inform you whether any changes have been made.
- Make sure that Excel is completely stopped, preferably by restarting your workstation.
- Start Excel again.
- Invantive Control should appear again.
- If Invantive Control does not appear, please open Windows Explorer.
- Go to the folder where you have installed Invantive Control. This is typically
C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Invantive Software BV\\Invantive Control for Excel.
- The folder should contain approximately 125 files:
- When you see only a limited number of files, like 2 or 90, but anyway less than 125, perform a repair of the installation.
- The actual steps depend on your Windows version and user interface. For example, to repair, you might go to “Programs & Features” in the start menu as shown below. Contact your local IT administrator for the actual steps.
- Select Invantive Control in the program list and press the ‘Repair’ button:
- When finished, start over this procedure at step 3 “Start the most recent version of Invantive Support Assistant”.
- Please create a topic on these forums when Invantive Control does not appear after repeating the steps.