After using a trial license it is necessary to register and use an Exact Online app to connect to Exact Online from Excel.
Do you also want to register an app for use with Power BI/Invantive Cloud? Then also register an app as described in Register Exact Online app for use with Invantive Cloud.
These steps are also applicable for other on-premises products such as Invantive Query Tool, Invantive Data Hub and Invantive Data Replicator.
Perform the following steps to register an Exact Online app:
- Go to https://start.exactonline.nl.
- Sign in.
- Go to the Master Data:
- Click on "Roles:
- If “Roles” is not among them, then you do not have enough permissions. Please contact your Exact Online application administrator. Preferably, they will perform the remaining steps.
- Search for “Manage Subscription” and press the number to the right of that text:
- Check that your username is on the right:
- If your username is not listed, then you do not have enough permissions. Contact your Exact Online application administrator. Preferably he or she will perform the remaining steps.
- Go to https://apps.exactonline.com.
- Do you work from another country than the Nethelands? Then first choose at the ultimate end the correct Exact Online country:
- Click on “Login”:
- A user with the “Manage Subscriptions” role will see “Manage My Apps” in the red bar at the top:
- Choose “Manage my apps.”
- Choose “Register an app.”
- Describe the purpose of the app, such as “Reporting with Excel”:
- Enter “https://clientredirect.invantive.com” as the redirect URI.
- Check and accept the terms and conditions via the two check marks.
- Choose “Register.”
- Save the data at “Client ID”, “Redirect URI” and “Client secret”:
- Above all store the Client Secret safely; it is part of a password so to speak.
The Manage Subscription privileges within Exact Online were only required for the registration of the Exact Online app. Any user - with or without privileges on Manage Subscription - can use the registered app.
Now start Invantive Control for Excel or for example the Invantive Query Tool.
Enter the client ID and redirect URI in the red marked fields:
Sign up and use continue to work as before.